1. Warning: Anyone caught breaking the rules of the derby will be disqualified from this and/or all future MPS fishing derby’s.
2. Eligibility: All peace/police officers or a guest of a peace/police officer.
a. Each entrant will be in possession of a valid Manitoba fishing license.
b. Each entrant will be required to adhere to all provincial/federal laws.
4. Tournament Boundaries: All waters between the hydro dam and Lamp Ray Rapids.
5. Required Activities: All entrants must check in with officials prior to starting the derby.
6. Prizes: Prizes will be based on length of fish. In case of a tie, the winner will be decided by the first fish measured.
7. Fishing and Starting hours: Fishing will begin at 10:00 am and will end at 5:00 pm on Saturday September 22nd 2018. All boats/live wells may be inspected prior to derby starting.Entrants that are late will be penalized 5% of the length for each minute late.
a. Only Northern Pike, Walleye, and Bass, will be included in this derby.
b. Only those fish caught on a barbless hook, caught in the normal hook and line manner, and caught during the designated time will be accepted.
c. Each fisherman will be allowed to have only one line in the water at a time.
d. Live bait and artificial lures are allowed.
e. Entrants must not keep more than their legal limit of fish.
SPIRIT OF THE RULE
All rules have “loopholes”. It is the intention of the organizers to provide an honest sportsmanlike derby. In the interest of good sportsmanship, contestants are reminded that the “spirit of the rule” will prevail in all judgment cases and the decisions of the committee are final.
Create your own unique website with customizable templates.